Have I mentioned how amazing my babies are? Yes? A lot, you say? Almost too much? Shut your face, my kids are amazing. :)Again, I have gone a month without posting all the cute/crazy things our babies have done, but I've kept critical notes in my head and am, thus, pretty sure I'll forget something important, but what is a disorganized, ditzy mama to do? Okay, let's hit this thing:
Beets
For as long as I can remember Beets has had a case of the cricket feet. When she is upset, crying or not getting her way, she rubs her feet together very rapidly (causing them to always look chafed). It is a sight to see. Well, during the past few weeks as both kids were sicky, I took her to the urgent care clinic. They had me lie her down on the paper-lined table which she hated and she proceeded to commence the cricket-feet and ripped off all the paper on the table. I mean it was in SHARDS! She could be my own personal paper shredder with those cricket feet.
We've got to watch her like a hawk because she is ready for her solids and will snatch food right out of your hand. She found a goldfish cracker and was about to pop it into her mouth which I saw as I looked at her from across the room; had to hightail it over and swipe it from her hand before she inhaled it.....commence cricket feet tantrum.
Tuna was talking and had Beets in one arm and was holding a honey graham in his hand. He said he felt somebody take it from his hand and figured it was me being silly. After about 5 minutes we both looked over at Beets and she had gummed down a quarter of the graham and looked to be in honey graham heaven! Now, while she loves her grahams, she will shut her mouth to all baby food! As soon as she sees me coming in with the spoon, her mouth clamps shut. We even went out and bought her the new Tyler Florence food that is all gourmet and quite delicious (I k now since I have to eat everything she doesn't) but, no. Not yet, I guess.
Ruggie
This boy is simply amazing in how much he has grown and how much more talkative he has become. He is repeating EVERYTHING these days. We are in the What's that? phase right now. Once we get in the car, the radio has to be turned off and he points at things and says, What's that? And we answer everything so by the time the errand has been run and the car trip is over, our throats are actually hoarse from all the talking.
He is not yet potty-trained but he has advanced to actually asking to potty every so often. If he sees me heading to the restroom, he will say, I potty, too. So I sit on the pot, he sits on his pot and away we go!
Here are his cutest phrases:
What's that?
That's a beeeeeeeeeg (big) car, don't choo (you)?
*And in response to Homer asking him to come over to brush his teeth....No, I don't want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment