I left the computer for a few minutes (to clean up some spilled orange juice Rug alerted me to) before beginning this post and caught Beets sitting in front of the laptop typing like a pro. That is her contribution to the blog up above. I would like to believe she was going to type something about her favorite subject in the whole wide world.....her mama.
Wow....so the new year is almost upon us. I cannot believe that our son is already three years old and our little Beets who I swear we JUST brought home yesterday from being BORN is almost one and a half. I mean, really? Really? Time, I have to have a little chat with you. Woman to woman. Or woman to man. Or woman to concept....whatever.....the point is Mr./Mrs. Time that you need to just slow down sometimes. I mean, I was just turning 21 a few weeks ago....right? Right? A fresh-faced college student with a library job that paid minimum wage and an equally fresh-faced boyfriend, both with no idea what life had in store for them.....Time, wasn't that just last month? Alas, those fresh-faces are in their 30s....now parents.....now adults.....now with bills and real jobs and real adult issues.....so, anyway, Time, just a little thank you for being kind but also a little plea to sometimes help us slow down a bit and really enjoy these precious moments. That is all.
Well, the past few weeks had some wonderful moments sprinkled in amongst a couple of baby meltdowns and tantrums, naturally. Ruggie had his birthday party in early December here at our apartment....see the photo above. It was a Where the Wild Things Are theme and we had some family and close friends come over and eat cake and Micky D nuggets (always a hit). We all had a blast and Ruggie was so excited to have a day that was all about him (Although who are we kidding? He always thinks it's about him.). Beets went around greeting and hosting her guests (after all, she too things everyday is about her) and eating chips.
On Ruggie's actual birthday, we went to B&J's Pizza (which seems to be the tradition) and then to the movies to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs....finally!
On Christmas Eve, we spent the evening with Tuna's family and opened gifts and snacked all night long. The following evening on Christmas day, we went to my family's house and opened gifts and snacked all night long. See the theme here? It was such a beautiful holiday season filled with hope and peace and health and family and, best of all, love.
Some cute little tidbits from the past few weeks....Ruggie and Beets constantly keep each other entertained whether it is pretending they are race cars vroom vrooming up and down the hallway (much to the annoyance of our downstairs neighbor who had to come up and tell us to pipe down one evening.....sorry, lady, we will be better but you need to stop listening to crappy music all afternoon) or talking and laughing with each other in the backseat of the car. Ruggie loves telling Beets to say words. Say truck! Twook! Say whayell (Ruggie's version of whale)! Weeeel! Say fish! Feeeeesh! Say aquarium! Rum rum! Back and forth and back and forth. It is like music to our ears.
The other afternoon as we were driving around, Ruggie covered his face with a magazine I had given him and told Beets, "Hide, Meena (what he calls her)! Let's hide and pretend we are teenagers." Tuna and I looked at each other like, what? We have NO idea where he gets half the stuff he comes up with, but it always makes us laugh. I mean, that kid is talking like a grown-up already and he has no qualms correcting us. One day I picked up one of his toy trucks and said, let's play cars, Ruggie! He said, "Mama, THAT is a TRUCK, not a CAR." Like with a "duh, Mama" tone to his voice.
Meanwhile, Beets pretty much says anything and everything we tell her to. She loves saying "Hi, brother!" She gets restless when Ruggie takes his daily nap and keeps looking down the hall towards the bedroom until he finally wakes up.
Some of their favorite things right now:
Monsters, Inc. (they're watching it now), top ramen (Beets covers herself with it as she devours it while Ruggie enjoys drinking the juice), macaroni and cheese, the aquarium (we went earlier this week), Chuck E. Cheese, their new easel in their bedroom, Beet's new pink bus she got from Aunt Lala and Uncle ChaCha at Christmas, taking baths together, Lady GaGa, the Transformers song (Ruggie has to hear it every time we're in the car), Beets' new set of Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends books.....oh, I could go on and on but Ruggie is telling me to put that (this laptop) away and I will happily oblige.
Happy New Year, my sweet family!
No comments:
Post a Comment