Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Over the moon....

Already Like a Teenager

A few more words have been added to Ruggie's vocabulary, including moon, hop (which I spoke of last week), teeth and three. When he sees the moon in the sky, he always does a sharp intake of breath and then points up to it all dramatic-like and says moooooooooooon! As if the kid simultaneously discovered and named the moon! But who am I to tell him that the moon was discovered long ago. I'll leave that to his kindergarten teacher.

Remember that Bunco night I said Tuna and I went to? Well, we were the big winners, so with our winnings we decided to buy things for Ruggie and his little sister. Instead of shelling out the money for shoes, which Tuna SWEARS Ruggie needs, we bought him some educational toys like another puzzle and a little sorter that teaches colors and numbers. Well, he mastered the puzzle right away, but we're still working on colors and numbers, so I'll keep you posted on that.

Went to a steakhouse for dinner tonight and Ruggie screamed like a banshee making every person from every table within a twenty food radius turn to stare at us. He wasn't upset, he wasn't throwing a tantrum, he just let out an excited squeal...my first instinct was to put some rye bread in his mouth which he happily started chewing, ending the squeal session. I remember when we were childless, we would say things like, "Oh, our kid will NEVER scream like that!" when we saw a kid squealing at a table while the parents nervously shifted in their seats. What stupid childless people we were! In one instant, we had become those parents we had silently berated...karma is a vengeful beyotch, that's for sure.

No comments: