Forgive me Blogger, for I have been a bad blogger. It has been several days since my last update.
Let me tell you why I can be a mean mama....much to many people's dismay, I oftentimes call my little Beets....well, I call her The Beast. Let me explain before you tell me what a horrendous mama I am. This little girl is one of the most vocal sleepers I have ever heard. When she moves, she just grunts and snorts and you think she is right on the verge of waking up, because with all that noise, well, she's waking everyone else up. But, no, she goes right back to sleep. She is a VERY dramatic and vocal sleeper, and yet a deep sleeper, which makes no sense. Anyway, all that noise she makes is why she is aka THE BEAST! Haha! Trust me....you only have to witness it and you'd be calling her beastly, too. :)
Much to Rug's dismay, Beets has inherited his Baby Einstein activity mat. Sure, it just sat in his closet for months and months as he grew tired of it long ago, but once we pulled it back out and let Beets take a crack at it, all hell broke loose. He has been laying on that mat as if he is 4 months old again. It is a sight to see. Beets quickly got the hang of it and swats angrily at the duck that hovers inches from her nose. She loves being held upright as if she is sitting and having a conversation with you. She laughs and smiles so happily when you hold her like that, even though her little neck and head are bobbing to and fro. She has a smile that makes my heart melt, that's for sure. She has also grown quite fond of Handy Manny and watches it intently with her brother, also a big fan (to show you how she and Rug are different, his first show that he watched was Reba). Today (Sept. 8) she had her first bottle with Dada and took to it like a pro! That's my eater!
In the son spectrum, Ruggie is amazing us more and more each day with his ever-growing vocabulary and his crazy quirks! He has added rice, bubbles (our other nickname for Beets), duck (after months and months of saying "The duck goes quack quack" to him, he just one day came up to me with his rubber ducky from his bath and said "Duck"), potty (he is off and on with going potty in the morning, but I think he's starting to get the hang of it) and McDonald's. Now, we knew he recognized McDonald's, since he claps every time we drive up to it, but out of nowhere, when we had left Target today and were putting him back in the car, he said, "McDonald." It sounded like McDonnel, but Tuna and I just looked at each other and said, "OUR SON IS A GENIUS!" He is simply amazing to us. He also had his first dentist appointment on August 29th. All they really did was brush his teeth, but of course he cried his booty off. Besides that one crying fit, he loved the dentist's office with all the toys and books to play with. As for his relationship with his little sister, she is starting to grow on him a bit more. This morning, after I had fed her and we were all still cuddled in bed, I was burping her by hitting her back and I asked Rug if he wanted to hit her back and he did and BURRRRRRRRRRRRP! He burped his little sis and was SO proud of himself. He kisses her feet and tries to grab her by the waist and pull her to him when he gets really excited, so I think he understands she is here to stay. Also, today, we went to his friend's bowling birthday party. Now, as he is only 20 months, he does not get the concept quite yet so we had a few mini tantrums at the bowling alley. Pretty much, he rolled a few balls, but we spent most of our time eating nachos, sticking our fingers in the cheese sauce, getting messy eating pizza and spending money in the game room.
Tomorrow, Ruggie starts Parent's Day Out at our church.........ack! We went out and bought him some new shirts and some snacks for him to take. It is only four hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I know I am going to bawl my eyes out after we drop him off. Oooooooooooooooh. Just thinking about it is making me tear up. I really pray he has a great time with the other kids and his teachers learning new things and playing.
I just feel so full of love right now, so just wanted to mention how much I adore my two kids and my husband. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment