Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Totally bad mama for not blogging more on my babies! Okay, let's see if I can come up with a quick or perhaps not-so-quick rundown of the last month.....wow, it HAS been a month. Okay, Ruggie first....

Ruggie

This kid is talking up a storm.....and I mean a bad mamba-jamba storm with thunder and lightning. I seriously cannot even THINK of all the things he is saying now....part of me feels I should document every new word he says and then the other part of me worries that if I start doing that, I will be doing it up until he is in like college and people will know that I am a freak! Some of my favorites phrases:

*Go go! - when he wants to get out of and go do something
*Baby sleep? - when he is testing to see if he can mess with Beets
*Super Spy - when he wants to watch Backyardigans Super Spy....which is weird because he seemed to be totally OVER Backyardigans and now it has made a weird resurgance in our household again
*Gabba house? - when we are even in the VICINITY of Tuna's parents' house, he starts asking if we are going to grandpa's house which is nice because it shows he has a sense of direction and surroundings unlike Tuna who would still be driving to our house in our last city if I didn't remind him we have moved to a different city

He mimics everything we say and do and it is adorable and amazing and sometimes irritating all at once....but mostly just adorable. We really need to put the kabash on our bad language, that's for sure because it is like he can pinpoint the bad word of any sentence and then starts repeating it. OY! It is crazy because he is becoming easier to understand in terms of languages. Just months ago he would point and grunt at the pantry or in the general direction of who-knows-what and get frustrated that we wouldn't understand his needs. Now, he walks over to the pantry and says, "Quakes" when he wants to eat, get this, QUAKES! He is obsessed with juice boxes and would drink 8 of them in one sitting if we let him. He still has a great appetite and has actually polished off a piece of pizza on his own which makes Mama so proud as it means that now SOMEBODY in our house will order pizza with me since Tuna doesn't like it so much. I mean, really, who DOESN'T like pizza other than Tuna?

In terms of naps and bedtime, he really "gets" when he is tired and actually asks to go to the bedroom to go to sleep. Putting him to bed used to take up to an hour and now he is usually out within 5 minutes after scratching the inside of our arms until he falls to sleep (that is his little comfort scratch which makes us look like heroin addicts with track marks). As far as his baby sister goes, he has a love/hate relationship with her. I have found him many a time lying on top of her giving her kisses and stroking her hair, but I have also witnessed many swats to her face and arms. What is crazy is that she is heads over heels in love with him no matter how he's treating her, but I'll get to that later.

Ruggie and I had a date to see Madagascar 2 (his second movei at the theatre....the first was Horton Hears a Who) and he lasted for most of the movie. He started getting a little antsy and I let him walk in front of me but when he started trying to talk to the people behind us, we had to leave or else get shushed by angry theatre-goers.

His 2nd birthday party is December 12th and it is an Elmo theme. We made the invitations to look like concert passes and even laminated them, ha! We bought him one of those plasma cars that you can sit in and "drive" just by moving the steering wheel, so I bet he gets a kick out of that one! All in all, these almost-past-two-years have been utterly amazing having him in our life. He is hilarious, gorgeous and so smart that not one day goes by that Tuna and I don't look at each other incredulously and say, "Is this wonderful kid really ours?" We love him to pieces and I think we'll keep him! :)

No comments: