Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack the Vote!

Last night we just positioned ourselves in front of the television and watched the election results as they steadily rolled in from across the nation. I was anxious all day just thinking about how this election would play out. While Obama supporters seemed pretty confident, I could only replay how my heart broke when they announced Bush had defeated Gore 8 years ago, and I did not want to relive that day. Once we realized Obama had won Pennsylvania and Ohio, I couldn't help but just stare at our children and look up and thank God that this momentous event was happening in their lifetime and that they would grow up truly believing that any person can make a difference and any dream, no matter how crazy some might think it to be, can come true. I won't lie and say I was a huge Obama supporter, because I was a die-hard Hillary fan, but listening to him speak last night about our country and his promises to rise it up from the ashes made my heart beat with excitement about the years to come. At a time in mine and Tuna's lives when things are at a crossroads (in a very good way), this decision....this nation's decision has filled my heart to overflowing with hope and I just pray that all people, no matter who their vote was cast for, feel the same way over time.

No comments: