Watching Backyardigans with the kids and have to marvel at how well-produced this show is.....there is singing, dancing and really great annoyingly catchy songs. I actually dislike one of the Backyardigans....Tasha. She is so bossy and she thinks she...is...IT. Ugh. Need to remember to discourage Beets from emulating her. :)Tonight is the night we babysit our friends' kids for their date night (see a pic of all our kids at top). We considered taking Ruggie and their son to see Astro Boy tonight but my wonderful friend, Firecracker Mama, was not sure her son would be ready to sit through an entire movie so that type of playdate will have to wait. I remember taking Ruggie to his first movie, "Horton Hears a Who" and sitting there wondering how we allow close to 20 minutes of previews to occur before actually seeing the movie we pay close to ten bucks for. Because of it, Ruggie and I left the theater an hour into the movie. He lasted longer than my friend's son who freaked at a loud part during the previews and had to be whisked home before they even had a chance to eat two popcorn kernals. Nice.
Ruggie is getting funnier and funnier by the day....the things he says and thinks continue to astound me. His latest? Talking like a robot, ESPECIALLY when he wants to get his way. Picture the SNL skit with Mike Meyers and Nicole Kidman where they are at the playground and one of them says, "I. Am. A. Robot. I. Am. Talking. Like. A. Robot." and you've got it. A typical conversation goes like this:
Ruggie: Mama, can I have apple juice?
Mama: No more apple juice, baby, I'll get you some milk though.
Ruggie: (entering robot mode) But. I. Don't. Want. Milk.
Mama: You just went to the dentist and they said your teeth were great, so let's not push it with lots of juice, k, babes?
Ruggie: I. Don't. Want. Milk. I. Want. Juice.
Mama: (what else can I do but join in?) Mama. Says. You. Need. Milk. Or. Else. Your. Teeth. Will. Fall. Out.
Ruggie: I. Don't. Want. Teeth.
Mama: If. You. Don't. Have. Teeth. You. Will. Look. Homeless. And. People. Will. Call. You. Homeless. Man. McGee. Do. You. Want. That. To. Happen?
Ruggie: Yes. I. Want. Juice.
And on and on like that for ten more minutes.
In other news, Beets is still nursing up a storm. I don't think she is anywhere near weening, oy! In fact, I have a work training I need to head to in Virginia next month and guess who is tagging along....that's right....my Beet-Face McGee (along with my ma to take care of her while I am at training). This will be her first flight (Ruggie's first flight was to Atlanta back in 2007) so I need to remember to get her her wings from the stewardess (making mental note....check!).
Okay, we just had an Ozzy Ozborn experience just now....I cut out bats and hung them from lights hanging from the ceiling in their playroom to celebrate Halloween. One of the bats fluttered down yesterday and about five minutes ago I saw Beets walking around with the bat. About one minute ago, Ruggie came running from the playroom screaming, "She ate it! She ate it!" I bolted out of my chair and saw what he was holding....the bat with its head missing. I came into the playroom just in time to see Beets swallowing it. Gulp. She puts Ozzy to shame.
No comments:
Post a Comment