Saturday, June 18, 2011

Year Later, Year Older



I am sitting here staring at Ruggie staring at The Incredibles on television and wondering, how the heck has it been a year and a half since I blogged about the wonder that is parenthood. I mean, let's think....Beets is almost three and in full-blown diva mode. Rug is the perfect little gentlemen, aside from the mini-tantrums he throws when I don't allow him to bring his Iron Hide transformers to be with us. Stabbed in the neck with Iron Hide's sword in the middle of the night. No thanks.



Right now, Beets is out with Tuna who has been inspired by Extreme Couponing on TLC. He wants to form a stockpile of who-knows-what. He got a free coupon for eggs and thinks TLC should come and document the moment when he scans in that coupon for, gasp, 100% of a purchase of eggs. Those crazy ladies/men who stay up all night with their 500 copies of the Sunday newspaper have nothing on him, evidently.



I scrapbooked in excruciating detail Noah's first three months of life.....OVER FOUR YEARS AGO! And I am not talking about online easy-peezy scrapbooking....I'm talking real-life stickers and embellishments bull-crap from Hobby Lobby. Then he stopped sleeping 16 hours a day and that got tossed out the window. So I started this blog and that got tossed out the window when I realized having two kids under three was exploding my mind and body. BUT....here's a high horse speech to myself to read a year or so from now when I have either A) kept plugging away at this blog or B) given up on it yet again and can either A) gloat at my dedication or B) writhe in the corner with self-defeating thoughts eating a quart of ice cream (pints are for non-dedicated losers) and wondering how I came to be the worst mother in the world.



Let the challenge begin!!!!!



By the way, that is a pic of our family from Easter and you will see how my children are now 1.5 years older. Aiyee......





No comments: