
This is Ruggie's first ever "school" photo from Parent's Day Out (2008).
I know….I know….it is cliché, but I find my kids simply amazing. Every day they do something that makes me go, wow. Beets says “Thank you (well, more like, shankoooo)” and “You’re welcome (velcoom, like Dracula)” every time we give her something. Sure, she says both things one right after the other, as if she is welcoming herself, but you know what, haters, the concept is there! Ha! On the Ruggie front, his very first real drawing of a real object has just occurred. I mean, yes, he has given us pieces of paper with scribbles on them and said, “This is you, mama!” but his first picture of something that actually LOOKS like what he is drawing has happened. He draws lollipops. Big ones, teeny tiny ones, fat ones, skinny ones. My Ruggie loves his lollipops.
I am not saying my kids are polite (as I wipe spaghetti off the walls and pick up chicken nugget chunks out of our carpet), but the tendencies are there….just hidden deep under chubby baby and toddler skin. For instance, Ruggie as of late has been asking for a napkin to have when he eats. After he takes a bite of food, he daintily wipes the corners of his mouth with the napkin and then proceeds to roll it into a ball and throw it halfway across the room despite my repeated attempts to have him simply place it in his lap. Beets cleans up after herself. And by “clean up” I mean she wipes her little highchair tray completely clean with one full swipe sending noodles/nuggets/fries/veggies/milk/cereal airborne. But she also loves to take a wet wipe and clean doors and countertops. Go figure. I guess all that we can derive from that is that they are half Tuna (clean freak) and half me (Messy McMesserson).
No comments:
Post a Comment