Beets has decided to up and gain even more weight, which I am so happy about because I ADORE her chubby arms and her BEAUTIFUL chunky thighs! She is now two months old as of yesterday (WHERE did the time fly?!) and weighed in at 13 pounds, 7 ounces. Ooooooooooooooh! Mama's metabolism! Here is Beets and her brother Ruggie. By the way, we are letting his hair grow, so if you're wondering why his hair looks extra ginormous, it is just his winter coat. Also, Beet's hair IS that high and DOES stick straight up....if you are wondering if that's a shadow behind her hair, it's not. That's ALL hair.Grandma JoJo is staying with us this week to help out in my transition back to work to, of course, Rug is in heaven. He thinks she is the funniest woman ever and loves playing with her in his room. She also got us sucked into watching Dancing with the Stars last night and even Ruggie was excited watching it.
It was so cute yesterday because when I was putting Ruggie down for his nap, I was reading him the book Daddy Loves Me and we've got to the point where I read it but I also ask him what different things are in the pictures and he tells me. I pointed to the coffee cup yesterday and he thought about it and said, HOT! Haha! Ruggie loves coffee (only decaf like mama though) and we usually tell him, Wait, Baby, it's hot. So I think he thinks it's called hot! I was laughing so hard! Speaking of breakfast-ey things, Ruggie has been hankering for bacon. We went out to our fave Mexican restaurant this weekend and he was obsessed with the bacon on my plate and ate most of it. Such a carnivore. Also, since it was my birthday this weekend and they got me a cake, he thought it was HIS birthday and so we sang Happy Birthday to him. Why can't the kid have a few birthdays a year, huh?
On the Beets homefront, well, she is just a cutie pop and a half! Since I am working these days at 5, I set my alarm for 4. Well, guess who woke me up at 3:55am today? Ha! I wanted to tell her "Five more minutes!" but she was sucking on her hand which means, "FEED ME NOW OR I'LL WAKE UP THE WHOLE HOUSE!" Just talked to Tuna on the phone and she is still sleeping (it's almost 8:30 am) and Ruggie is having his cheerios and oatmeal.
I am totally needing a date night out with Tuna! I need to make sure that happens this week for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment