Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I absolutely love Halloween....once October hits, my favorite season begins....my birthday, the cool breezes, pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, eggnog creamer....yes, it all goes back to food. So, like last year, this Halloween, we went to the fall festival (Noah's Ark Party) at our church. They have food, drinks, games, bouncy things and a cakewalk for the kids. We headed off with Beets in her skintight pink kitty outfit (we got it when she was a little smaller, so it fit pretty well....in other words, one more day of growing and she would not have been able to fit one thigh in it) and Ruggie dressed as Pooh (minus the Pooh hoodie part which he refused to keep on his head). It was a fabulous time! We met up with Tuna's sisters and their kids and we ate nachos, played tons of games (Prize in the Haystack, Feed the Elephant, Catch the Fish, Mini Golf, Ring Toss) and had lots of candy. Tuna and Rug positioned themselves on the bleachers and proceeded to get dirty with the nacho cheese while Beets and I headed out to try our hand at the cake walk. Let me tell ya....that Beets is one chubby lucky charm! As we were walking around, they called out her name on the loudspeaker to say that she had just won a door prize (miniature golf tickets)! Then, we won chocolate cookies in the cake walk. I am taking her with me next time I play craps in Vegas!

Afterwards, we headed to Tuna's sister's house to hang out and hand out candies, but not before stopping at a friend's house to snatch up some sloppy joes and meatballs!

Ruggie's Halloween words: mashed potatoes (ash otato) and Thank you (finally!).

I was attempting to be Ugly Betty for Halloween in the pic above in case you thought those were my real eyebrows.

No comments: