
I am the carb queen...so it is only natural that I gave birth to the carb prince. Ruggie and I could eat carbs all day...chips, pasta, potatoes, tortillas, bread. Pretty much anything and everything that has at least 1 carb in it. If we had to go on the Atkins diet for even two hours, we would both pass out from dehydration and malnourishment.
On another note, I am one of those working mothers, not by choice, mind you. In a perfect world I would be home with my son and husband all day long, but, alas, it is not to be at this time. So here I sit on Father's Day, at work, because some douchebags at work are so lazy they can't get their crap together in a timely manner and instead, they sit on work for months and months and then hand it over to us, the IT team, two days before they need it. Granted, I have less to complain about than the guys on our team who have been staying until 10:30 most nights for the past two weeks, when I did not have to. But, seriously, Father's Day? Meanwhile, the woman behind the laziness is probably out taking her father to brunch and drinking bottomless mimosas because her fat butt doesn't have anything to worry about and, in the end, she can always do what she normally does...blame IT for anything and everything that goes wrong. So, instead of being with my son and husband, I am here in a rat-infested office (I kid you not, two rats were caught on those sticky traps this morning, blech) praying that they let us out soon.
I am not sure of other working moms, but I have major mama guilt about working. I am gone 40 hours a week, so my evenings and weekends are treasures to me to be shared with my husband and son and other loved ones. When I get deprived of even ONE hour of that sacred time, it really sends me into a guilt spiral like I am a horrible mother. So, this weekend I worked 5 hours yesterday (Saturday) and who knows how many hours I will have to work today, so I am in major guilt/bad mama mode. Is this just me who feels this way?
And on another brighter note, Skroodle has taken it upon himself to teach Ruggie the word, "douche." I have no idea how this all happened or why, but yesterday as I waited in line at Blockbuster to rent a dvd, I saw Ruggie and Skroodle by the door waiting for me and laughing their heads off. By the time we arrived at the car, Ruggie was saying, "Dcccccccccccche." I looked over at my husband and asked what Ruggie was trying to say and he proudly admitted that it was the word, "douche." I would have been more irritated but hearing Rug trying to pronounce it made my night, haha! In fact, I just talked to Rug and Skroodle on the phone and could hear Rug in the background going "Dcccccccccccccccccccccccch!" so it pretty much made my morning, too.
By the way, if you read this, Happy Father's Day, Skroodle. You are not only my best friend, you are the best husband and the best father to our son that I could have ever dreamed of. Love you guts. :)
On another note, I am one of those working mothers, not by choice, mind you. In a perfect world I would be home with my son and husband all day long, but, alas, it is not to be at this time. So here I sit on Father's Day, at work, because some douchebags at work are so lazy they can't get their crap together in a timely manner and instead, they sit on work for months and months and then hand it over to us, the IT team, two days before they need it. Granted, I have less to complain about than the guys on our team who have been staying until 10:30 most nights for the past two weeks, when I did not have to. But, seriously, Father's Day? Meanwhile, the woman behind the laziness is probably out taking her father to brunch and drinking bottomless mimosas because her fat butt doesn't have anything to worry about and, in the end, she can always do what she normally does...blame IT for anything and everything that goes wrong. So, instead of being with my son and husband, I am here in a rat-infested office (I kid you not, two rats were caught on those sticky traps this morning, blech) praying that they let us out soon.
I am not sure of other working moms, but I have major mama guilt about working. I am gone 40 hours a week, so my evenings and weekends are treasures to me to be shared with my husband and son and other loved ones. When I get deprived of even ONE hour of that sacred time, it really sends me into a guilt spiral like I am a horrible mother. So, this weekend I worked 5 hours yesterday (Saturday) and who knows how many hours I will have to work today, so I am in major guilt/bad mama mode. Is this just me who feels this way?
And on another brighter note, Skroodle has taken it upon himself to teach Ruggie the word, "douche." I have no idea how this all happened or why, but yesterday as I waited in line at Blockbuster to rent a dvd, I saw Ruggie and Skroodle by the door waiting for me and laughing their heads off. By the time we arrived at the car, Ruggie was saying, "Dcccccccccccche." I looked over at my husband and asked what Ruggie was trying to say and he proudly admitted that it was the word, "douche." I would have been more irritated but hearing Rug trying to pronounce it made my night, haha! In fact, I just talked to Rug and Skroodle on the phone and could hear Rug in the background going "Dcccccccccccccccccccccccch!" so it pretty much made my morning, too.
By the way, if you read this, Happy Father's Day, Skroodle. You are not only my best friend, you are the best husband and the best father to our son that I could have ever dreamed of. Love you guts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment