There are a million things I have not journaled about, so here is my Ruggie catch-up. He has a whole slew of words he says these days and things he does to signal to us that he wants something. Of course, there is his infamous point and grunt which usually does the trick, but sometimes, as parents, we can be dense, at which point, Ruggie will have to pick from his arsenal of words and gestures to get us to understand. Here are the words he knows:
Craaaaaaaaaah - This is used for all types of crackers....Ritz, Club, Saltines, whole wheat, etc. It is said very abruptly and elongated so the CR part sounds very harsh. I really need to record him saying it.
Mine - This is more recent and I swear he learns it from his father. Just one day, I grabbed his Lightning McQueen toy car from him and he snatched it back and said, Mine! I was like what the?! To which I replied, "I BOUGHT that for you, kid!" I was very close to snatching it back but then I realized I am 31 and so I checked myself before I wrecked myself.
Got it! - This is one of the first things he said and he uses it whenever he picks things up that we throw to him or when he does something right.
Men - By far, the cutest, most adorable thing he says, right after Mama, of course. It stands for Amen. We say our prayers every night and I used to have to say "amen" for him to repeat it to me, but now as soon as I say, "In your name, we pray..." he says very happily and very loudly, "MEN!"
Mama/Dada - The standards of course.
Nana - Banana
Baaaaah - Ball
Hot! - When standing close to the stove, he says this. He elongates the o, though, so it sounds more like HAHHHHHT!
Hands - Dada taught him this one as he wipes his hands and mouth after every meal.
I'm drawing a blank right now, but I think he has a few more words he says that I am not remembering...will add to this as soon as I remember.
When Ruggie is hungry, he puts his hand in a fist up to his mouth repeatedly to let us know. Also, if he wants something to drink, he puts a fist up to his mouth with his fingers facing towards his mouth and goes, "Sssssssssssss" as if he is sucking through a straw.
His Grandpa H taught him to squeeze his eyes shut really tightly and then open them again, which he does just to be silly. He has started gymnastics and likes to do forward tumbles (although he needs a little help). Back tumbles are another story altogether and we have yet to master those.
Next up: Our dinner date at Chili's...
No comments:
Post a Comment