Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ruggie is from Bah-ston


Evidently, somewhere along the way, my son has picked up a Boston accent. Instead of "car" he says "cah" as in "Hey, you! Get in the cah!" It is both cute and unnerving. Pretty soon, he is going to be swiping the peas and mashed potatoes from his high chair and wailing, "I want clam chowdah, wench!"

Contrary to the post date, tomorrow is 4th of July; our church is having a parade and, naturally, Ruggie HAS to be in it, so we are decorating his red wagon with patriotic banners and flags and ribbons...would it be too much if I put a "Make Love, Not War" sign on the back? Probably not the right audience, eh? Humph. Later that night, they will be having fireworks, which will be Rug's first exposure to them. Now, I LOVE watching fireworks, but I have a fear of loud noises, so I usually just plug up my ears; hopefully, Ruggie does not inherit this cowardly fear from his mama.

Yesterday, Ruggie woke up very early when mama got up to go to work (around 5:45), and even though his little eyes looked exhausted, he wanted to be up and about while I got ready for work. When Mr. Skroodle went to take his shower at 9am, Ruggie passed out while sitting in his exersaucer waiting for his dada to get out. Will post that pic as soon as we upload it.

Some of the things that Ruggie loves right now:

*Bites of pickle and then making us laugh with his sour faces!
*Pretty much biting the crap out of anything in his hands; his latest biting conquest is running up to me and pretending he just wants to hug my thighs and then taking a nip out of my thigh meat. Not good. Mental note: Do not let Ruggie be known as "that kid who bites."
*Standing up on the sofa, although now when I say, "The sofa is for SITTING," he quickly sits down on the sofa while looking at me out of the corner of his eye and smiling.
*Standing up precariously on anything that is at least one foot off the ground and balancing himself on it. This behavior he gets from his dada.
*Waking up about fifteen minutes after we transfer him to his toddler bed and then walking in the dark with his hair sticking up like Tim Burton's until he finds us so he can climb back into bed with us.
*Eating Chef Boyardee ravioli.
*Running up and down the hallway and slamming himself into the front door and then slamming himself into the bedroom door whilst laughing the whole time, just like his precarious dada taught him.

Only 5 weeks until his little sister is due to be born. I hope he loves her and doesn't try to rub pickle juice in her eye or anything crazy like that. Only time will tell.

No comments: