Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In Mama heaven....

It's been just over two weeks since Beets made her arrival and we are all doing great! She is a very quick nurser and only wakes up twice during the night to get her eat on and then she goes right back to sleep. So, here's the lowdown on our bebes and all that they have been doing the past couple of weeks. By the way, this is a pic of how she was listening to me as I told her the story of how dada and mama met....she lasted a minute or two and when I looked back at her, she had fallen asleep in this position. 

Ruggie: 

*On Tuesday, Aug 12th, Rug and I went to see the Backyardigans Live...we had seats way up high in the balcony section and while Rug was riveted for the first ten minutes, he soon grew disinterested. During the intermission, we went downstairs to get some nachos and he actually had what can only be called a funny tantrum-esque kind of scene. We had to go to the ATM to get cash for the nachos and so I let him stand on a seat to wait for me. When I took him off the seat, he did his famous Ruggie straightening of the body which means "I want to stay put, mama!" So, when we got close to the snacks, he decided to make his entire body go limp which meant I had to drag him for a while as he laughed. Oy! 

*Ruggie has recently discovered his shadow. It all happened a week ago when he was taking his nightly bath. He was playing with his bath toys when he caught sight of his own shadow on the tub wall. He stared at it for a while and then looked up at me and pointed at it and made his scared face. He wanted to get out of the tub ASAP and he LOVES being in the tub, so I knew he must have been scared. He still gets a little scared of his shadow in the tub when he notices it despite my attempts to show him "mama's big shadow" which does nothing to ease his fears. My sweet boy.

*One of his new favorite words is one he heard from his mama. Tuna was telling me something strange and I said, "Daaaaaaaaang" and from below us, we hear a little voice go, "Daaaaaaaaaang!" Good going, mama!

*Rug's friend William bought him some cardboard stacking blocks which have the alphabet on them. We were stacking them in the living room and I was saying the alphabet to him and he would interject the letters that end with "e." So, it went a little something like this: 
Mama: A, b, c, d, e, f.......
Rug: Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mama: H, i, j, k, l, m, n, o.......
Rug: Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mama: Q, r, s, t, u.......
Rug: Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mama: W, x, y and......
Rug: Zeeeeeeeeeeeeee
My amazing boy wonder. 

Beets:

*She has only had two baths since she has been born...I know, I KNOW! That dang umbilical cord freaks me out and I get nervous even giving her a sponge bath. Once it falls off, though, the baths will be ON like Donkey Kong. She is very, very peaceful taking her baths....almost like she is having a spa treatment. She holds her little hands together over her tummy....the only things she needs to complete the look are cucumber slices on her eyes. But I digress....what is REALLY cute is that when she has been bathed and dried, her hair sticks up like Pat Benatar's. Very rock star!

*When Beets went to her first doc appt five days after being born, she had lost a few ounces going from 8 lbs, 8 oz to 7 lbs 14 oz. Well, when she went to her follow-up appt a week later (Mon, Aug 18), she gained one whole pound, bringing her weight to 8 lbs 14 oz. ONE WHOLE POUND! Thus, we have confirmed that she, indeed, has her mama's metabolism. 

It's late and I need to sleep, so that is all I can remember for now...will update when I get a little more rest.  :)

No comments: