Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of matzo balls!

Here is a pic of Ruggie and Beets at the park sitting on a concrete turtle. Ruggie thinking "Man, oh, man this is great! Concrete turtles rule!" Beets thinking, "I cannot believe it has come to this....sitting atop a damn concrete turtle." Their personalities to a "T."

Halloween was great! We went to the Noah's Ark festival and scored some candy and frito pie; afterwards, we went to a party and took pics of Chewbaca. What a life. I was bummed and a bit surprised that, despite my repeated attempts to win something, anything, at the cake walk, Beets and I left empty-handed. I mean I was short of pushing kids out of my way and stepping on their squares to get at least a dozen cupcakes for crying out loud. Alas, I was at church and hid my competitiveness under a frozen smile as I congratulated the 7 year old winners. Humph. Next year.....next year....I'll be back.

Had a total mama guilt moment last night. A&E had this show on D.C. last night and I was pointing out the monuments to Beets and Ruggie and telling Beets, "We're going there soon, Mamasita." Ruggie came over to me and said, "I go with you, too, mama!" My heart about imploded at that moment as I quickly tried to figure out what I could say to that. I told him that he and dada were going to have a GREAT time being bachelors with me and Beets gone and that they would watch whatever movies they wanted to watch and eat all the candy they want! He seemed to be okay with that, but this morning I asked Tuna if there was ANY way I could take both kids with me. I am blessed and happy that at least Beets can go with me on my work trip, but, man oh man, I'd love to have both babies with me. I think Ruggie is at an age where he could start to appreciate the Smithsonian museums. Alas.....it is only for four days and I'm sure he will have a blast with dada.....

If we can swing it time-wise and nap-wise, I may ask my little Ruggie on a date to go see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." The $100,000 question, however, is if he would actually keep the 3-D glasses ON to appreciate the movie?! Ha!

No comments: