Thursday, November 12, 2009

This wasn't exactly from Halloween, but rather Beet's BFF's costume birthday party a few weeks before. I do not think I can put into words how much I love Wonder Woman. When I was about 4, my mom made me a Wonder Woman costume that she said I wore for months after Halloween....she had to wash it every single day so I could wear it. So, naturally, it made sense that my daughter should continue the tradition. My mom found her this outfit and I made her the little Wonder Woman tiara and cuffs which she immediaely took off....in fact, I think this pic is right after I tore them off hurriedly before she went into meltdown. Again, I promise you, Beets is a very happy baby which somehow does not come across in pictures, ha!

Had a great day yesterday....went shopping and got Beets a new coat and new shoes for our trip to D.C. next week. Then we headed over to the aquarium where both she and Ruggie had a blast running around and screaming, Fish (or in Beet's case - feeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh). After the naps, we went to Brewster Street and shared chips and queso and hamburgers and fries.

Let me just preface this by saying that, yes, I know I'm his mother and, yes, I know that mothers can be partial to their young; HOWEVER, Ruggie is just one hilarious little boy. Last night before bed and in the middle of the night around 1am (long story involving a weird phantom fever), Ruggie enchanted me and Mr. Tuna with tales from the aquarium punctuated with his laughing at his own jokes. There was the tale of the fish with one eye, whose eye fell out after he bonked his head, so a stingray swooped by and ate it as it floated to the bottom of the sea (to Rug's credit, there really was a one-eyed fish). There was the shark with two front very sharp teeth that swum close to Ruggie but he was not scared and just moved away. There was the scuba guy who he was also not scared of (although a few months ago, when Ruggie saw the scuba guy suddenly appear in the very large fish tank, he about flipped his lid and we had to carry him out screaming) who came just to feed the fish and caused the stingrays to go into a frenzy. There was the jellyfish that waved hi to him. Oh, my baby boy and his tales that all stem from reality. He will be a great writer. :)

His latest cute thing is to ask to hold his drink while he's walking around. "But I won't drop it" he has been assuring us. Also, when he spills things, which is quite often (something he inherited from Mr. Tuna), he immediately asks me for the towel so he can go clean it up, which consists of him dabbing in the general area of the spill with one eye and his other eye trained on the television.

Came into work late today, and am looking at the clock thinking, "It's ONLY ten o'clock!" I mean, really. At least I only have a few more hours today and then tomorrow it's Mr. Tuna's birthday!!!!! Beets and Ruggie both have their presents to him all set and ready to go; I am the one who is lagging behind in that department, oy! So, Mr. Tuna, let me be the first to wish you a happy day-before-your-birthday!!!! Love you, my old coot!

No comments: