Friday, January 4, 2013

First Learn Stand,Then Learn Fly

Ruggie and Mr. Russell after Noah earned his yellow belt


For about half a year, Ruggie has been enrolled in tae kwon do. We wanted to enroll him so that he would learn about discipline and hard work. The first few practices were.....cute. Ruggie has a high kick that would make a Rockette blush; however, he has slowly but surely learned the Songham forms and gone from a white belt to a yellow belt (graduating on his birthday!).

His teacher, Mr. Russell, is pretty patient considering he is dealing with a group of unruly children most nights - Ruggie included. And true to Mr. Russell's word, when Ruggie is acting up at home, we only have to mention Mr. Russell and Ruggie gets back in order. Nice.

On a side note, I love sewing. It totally stems from watching all those 10 seasons of Project Runway and Project Runway All-Stars. So, I gently asked (read: strongly forced) Tuna to get me a Project Runway sewing machine for my birthday in October - I came home to my beautiful new sewing machine wrapped in a big, red floppy bow! I was so excited! Then I let it sit there for about two weeks gathering dust as I geared up (read: procrastinated) and ordered Project Runway patterns for a dress for Beets. One month later, Beets' dress was born. It sits unworn in her closet because the straps were too long when I made it - but I can fix it. I will. Promise. One day. It's too cold for her to wear. It's winter. Oy.

In addition to that dress, I have made four pillow poufs for my nephews and niece -and I need to make one for Beets and one for Ruggie (fabric is bought - just need to get my fat butt in check to start). That is all. Good night!

No comments: