Sure, I said I would have our home covered in Valentine's Day homemade crafts by January 14th.....I may have SAID it but, alas, it was not to be. HOWEVER, Beets and I hunkered down this morning and finished (read: started) our V-day ruffle wreath (get the true tutorial
here). Get a foam wreath thingy from Michael's or Hobby Lobby or wherever you can nab a coupon from (I was looking for a heart-shaped one, but could not find one and was too lazy to look at multiple places). Get a ton of red felt (or pink and purple if you are feeling sassy) and a little box of straight pins. Then cut out a kabillion three-inch circles (I used a wine glass as a guide to make a circle pattern). Fold the circle in half, then fold it in half again. See how Beets helped me out:
.JPG) |
| And I helped!!!!! |
Take a straight pin and poke it through the little pointy part of the circle and push it into the foam wreath. Here is our completed project (we added a ribbon at the end to hang it from):
Crafty time was followed up by a jaunt down to the
Japanese Tea Garden. The day was simply amazing. Here are some pictures:
Noah: Mama, what does heaven look like?
Mama: Nobody on earth knows - but I imagine it is amazing.
Noah: I'll bet it looks like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment