Monday, January 14, 2013

Pinning Myself Crazy

Sooooooooooooooo......did I finish that heart wreath for Valentine's Day? No, you're judging. I can feel you  judging. No, don't lie, I can tell. Stop holding on to the past. 

This is what judging looks like:

Actually, this is Ruggie after watching Titanic (one of his faves) for the 100th time and watching me cry at all the same spots - although this time I added crying when Victor from Young and the Restless calmly turns around as water comes rushing through the glass rotunda in the main stairwell. Why, Victor, why didn't you run?! 

Back to pinning and my failure at pinning and conquering. I have been reading a lot of "lists to tell your mother/daughter/son/husband before they turn-75/go-to-college/graduate-from-high-school/celebrate-your-15th-anniversary" and feeling.....well, feeling like a failure of a daughter/mother/wife. See an example here and here. I love lists (its how I get anything accomplished at home and work) and I love my family - do I do my best to tell them everyday? Yes? So why am I feeling so upset that I have not written my own list? That's it. Here I go:

Things to tell my children before Friday:
  1. Clean your dang room because if I step on one more sword-shaped Lego again that makes me worry about the last time I got my tetanus shot, I will throw them all away (or scream that I will but really just help you put them away).
  2. Yes, you can have that piece of chocolate cake before dinner (heck, one of my life themes is dessert is a must-have even if some days it ruins your dinner).
  3. I will force Daddy to put away the Christmas tree by tomorrow - promise. (The un-ornamemted tree has become a staple in our whiteboard Pictionary).
  4. Yes, let's play Pictionary for the 100th time because of all the crazy games we play, I really, really, really, really love playing Pictionary simply because of the crazy things you all draw (butt cracks and butt juice to name my two favorites).
  5. We can read that book again even though it has been on constant rotation since October (hey, the fact that my kids LOVE for me to read to them means I did SOMETHING right, right? Right?!)
  6. Never forget to pray before dinner, before bed, before driving two hours (or thirty minutes) to see Grandma and Grandpa, when you get scared at night, when you are worried about anything, when you are happy, when you are sad - anytime.
 
Love you my babies. Good night.

No comments: