Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hip Hip Hip Hip Hippy Chick

In our neck of the woods, snow is a rare thing....I remember it snowed once in the 1980s here (mainly because my mom has pictures of me bundled up like Randy in "A Christmas Story" and I am mercilessly dragging my main Cabbage Patch (I had like 7, take that) Alexandra in the snow by her short curly hair. I digress. So, snow is a rare thing here but the city is all aflutter because tonight in about 4 hours, there is a chance of snow which means our city will shut down like the zombie apocalypse has hit. They are calling it Snow-mageddon and Snow-pocaplyse (say that once really fast.....seriously, once is all it takes), I kid you not. IF it snows, here are a few guarantees:

1) It will last for about one hour where the kids will run outside and attempt to make dingy snowballs which they will throw at each other - extra points if one contains a dog turd.
2) Everybody from my work will decide to work from home which means a big, fat, honking yahoo!
3) We will bundle up and make hot cocoa and popcorn and watch Christmas movies again.
4) When we do go outside, Tuna will make us come back in after approximately 4.7 minutes because a snow flake will fall on his face and he will freak. Remember, Tuna is my 37 year old hubby.
5) By 10am, we will go through the resources we stocked up on about an hour ago: a gallon of milk, a box of cereal, a pack of whiteboard markers and the hot cocoa. Isn't that what normal people stock up on? No?

Okay, so back to why I mentioned the snow thing in the first place. So, today as I walked out of work to come eat lunch at home, there were actual snow flurries in the parking lot of my work which is located about three miles from the front door of our home. I called Tuna and rushed home as he quickly bundled up the kids to see their first snow flurry. I got home (mere minutes later) - no snow flurries. Bundled kids. Annoyed husband who swears I mistook a large dandruff on my head for a snow flurry. This is what I deal with daily.

Anyway, in a mad rush to get the kids bundled up, he threw Ruggie's Star Wars shirt onto Beets who looked like an Austin hipster. Seriously. She even has the fake reading glasses. And tall boots.


Eat your hearts out, nerds.

No comments: